Global services provider celebrated for its innovative approach in using technology to envision a smart and connected world
Singapore – 10 December 2020 – NTT Ltd., a world-leading global technology services provider, today announced, that it is the proud winner of two awards at the Asia Communication Awards (ACA). The awards celebrate NTT’s achievements in using technology to create innovative services and make the world a better place.
Launched in 2011, the Asia Communication Awards (ACA) recognizes the region’s leading communication service providers and telecom operators as well as OEMs, suppliers, and other service providers based within the region or offering products and solutions specifically targeting the region. In its ninth year, ACA selected information and telecommunications experts to pick the winning companies for each of its 32 categories.
NTT was selected as the winner for two categories:
- Smart City Project of the Year:
- Awarded to specific projects and businesses that have had a positive impact on Asian cities through ICT services, the award was presented to NTT for the first time, in recognition of its contributions to creating smart cities with its Smart City platform.
- NTT is awarded for its contributions in Mutsu City, Aomori in Japan, where it implemented a project that provides monitoring services for the elderly using IoT LED bulbs. The bulbs are connected to a monitoring app that sends alert notifications to family members and government officials. Through this project, the government of Mutsu City could check on the elderly, connect with their families, and carry out visits or phone calls during this period of isolation.
- NTT implemented a Smart City Proof of Concept (PoC) in the Cyberjaya area of Malaysia, utilizing the technology and experience accumulated from a prior smart city initiative at the City of Las Vegas, United States. Malaysia is a motorized society with daily road congestion and automobile accidents. By installing cameras at the intersection with the highest traffic volume in Cyberjaya, and analyzing traffic volume and vehicle information, NTT Group aims to reduce traffic congestion, detect stolen vehicles, and support the creation of businesses in the neighbourhood.
- The projects demonstrate that smart cities are not just a concept, but a comprehensive way to deliver value for society. Leveraging the most recent innovations, NTT can use technology to provide safe, reliable and efficient civic technology that stimulates economic growth and protects citizens and residents.
- Wholesale Operator of the Year Award:
- The Wholesale Operator Award was awarded to NTT for delivering secure wholesale IP services via its tier-1 Global IP Network to empower people, clients and communities during this challenging period. Spanning Asia, the Americas, Europe and Oceania, the Global IP Network delivers highly reliable IP transit, Ethernet solutions, network security and CDN services on a fully redundant and upgraded IP backbone, free of network outages 100% of the time and protected from cyberattacks. Unlike other operators, NTT only has one autonomous system number, fully controls the collection of routers manages the network with a single end-to-end global policy.
- NTT offers exceptional customer support 24x7x365 in Asia and around the world, provided by a state-of-the-art Global NOC, fully staffed by highly trained engineers. With the most aggressive SLAs in the industry, NTT guarantees 100% uptime, and minimal jitter and latency.
“We are proud to be recognized for our ongoing commitment to making the world a better place through the use of technology”, said John Lombard, CEO – Asia Pacific at NTT Ltd. “The wins are a testament to the hard work and dedication of our teams globally, as well as true partnerships with our clients – we have shown through these projects that together we can do great things. As we all navigate the new normal, we have an opportunity to build a better, connected future. With innovation, the possibilities to use technology for good are endless.”
The full list of ACA winners can be seen here.
– ends –
About NTT Ltd.
NTT Ltd. is a leading global technology services company. Working with organizations around the world, we achieve business outcomes through intelligent technology solutions. For us, intelligent means data driven, connected, digital and secure. Our global assets and integrated ICT stack capabilities provide unique offerings in cloud-enabling networking, hybrid cloud, data centers, digital transformation, client experience, workplace and cybersecurity.
As a global ICT provider, we employ more than 40,000 people in a diverse and dynamic workplace that spans 57 countries, trading in 73 countries and delivering services in over 200 countries and regions. Together we enable the connected future.
Visit us at hello.global.ntt and gin.ntt.net.
Global IP Network